March 9, 2009

Networking & Predictions

Had a great time yesterday meeting with a like-minded couple who live on a collective farm in our region. When you're surrounded by those who don't see the long road, it grows wearisome not having someone with whom you can share the full extent of your thoughts. These brief opportunities are like a boost of adrenaline to your preparation planning.

But I received another boost, yesterday, as well. It's a prophetic word from a well-grounded ministry I respect immensely. David Wilkerson, pastor of the Times Square Church in NYC and author of the Cross and the Switchblade, had this to say:
AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires—such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting—including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath.
And then:
First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.
Pretty specific stuff, if you're inclined to believe. I've watched and listened to David for more than twenty years and I've yet to see him proved wrong. He's a Godly man living a simple lifestyle. You can read more here at his own blog.

As a complete aside, I read this quote today from Misty Edwards. It resonated with me and I thought I would pass it along:
I know I am going to die one day, and the only real definition of who I am will come from the lips of Him who searches my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need advise, critique and encouragement. I don't need spam, filth or hate.